How to become a member
Are you an author? Do you want to join the SACD? Here’s how.
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the SACD, here’s what you need to know. Becoming a member means ensuring that your rights will benefit from international and effective management. The SACD members are also given access to numerous specialized services, either on-site or online. You will benefit from professional support throughout your author or creator career.
By entrusting us with the management of your rights regarding the current and future works from the repertoire or repertoires you bring to the SACD, you can be assured that we will complete the task assigned to us under the best conditions. As a member, you can authorize or prohibit the use of your performing art through the SACD.
You will also benefit from our negotiated financial conditions regarding the use or broadcast of your works.
Becoming an SACD member grants you a share in the Society, allowing you to influence decisions by participating in votes at general assemblies and by electing representatives.
The SACD is a civil society owned by its members – a society on a human scale. And that makes all the difference!
When can you join?
- You are the creator of a work belonging to our repertoire that already exists or is in the making
- You are graduated from an institution recognized by the SACD
- You are the inheritor of a deceased, non-member creator whose work is about to be played or broadcast
- You have a recommendation from two full-member SACD sponsors
- The Membership Agreement Form
- A registration form: audiovisual/performing artwork
- A passport-sized photograph
- A photocopy of your identity card (both sides) or your passport
- The details of your bank or post office account, for bank or postal transfers
- A €48 check made out to the SACD, corresponding to the share which you will acquire in the Society
The annual subscription is due from the civil year following your membership. The amount, currently €40 , is established each year by the Administration Board.